WHO WE ARE
The mission of West Virginians for Life is to promote and defend the right to life of all innocent human beings, from the time of fertilization until natural death. The West Virginians for Life Political Action Committee is the political arm of West Virginians for Life and pursues its mission by supporting pro-life office holders and candidates for political office.
It’s been said that elections have consequences and that every vote matters. At West Virginians for Life, we know how true that is for the most vulnerable among us. By supporting pro-life leaders for elected office, we believe that we can protect the first among human rights for every person, born and pre-born.
West Virginians for Life has helped pass many life saving pieces of legislation to protect unborn children and their families.
- Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act
- Women’s Right to Know Act
- Unborn Victims of Violence Act
- Ultrasound Option Requirement
- Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act
- Unborn Child Protection from Dismemberment Abortion Act
- Parent’s Right to Know
- Telemedicine Exemption for Abortion
- West Virginia Constitutional Amendment
- Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act
- Unborn Child with Down Syndrome Protection and Education Act
- HB 302, the bill to clarify WV abortion laws, which protects unborn babies and their mothers from the horror of abortion
This body of laws would not be possible without pro-life legislatures who passed them. These legislatures deserve our thanks and support. For your legislature’s contact information or voting records visit pac.wvforlife.org/legislator_info.
Endorsed candidates are now found on the pac.wvforlife.org/vote page by entering the voter’s address.
To view more information on these laws or to become a member, please visit the West Virginians for Life main website at wvforlife.org.
Procedures of the WVFL Political Action Committee (WVFL PAC)
The most effective way for a pro-life group to influence the outcome of elections is to support pro-life candidates by directly endorsing them so other pro-lifers will know who to vote for. However, WVFL and its chapters cannot endorse candidates.
This is why West Virginians for Life has an “internal” Political Action Committee (WVL-PAC). WVL- PAC can endorse one candidate over another. WVL-PAC is governed by strict federal and state laws. It has the following requirements:
1. All members of West Virginians for Life (WVFL), a (c)(4) organization, are automatically also members of the PAC. A member must have donated to the organization within the last 15 months.
2 The Board of Directors of West Virginians for Life is also the Board for the PAC. All major decisions are made by the Board. Only WVL- PAC may endorse candidates. (WVFL and its chapters may not endorse candidates!)
3. Only members of West Virginians for Life may receive solicitations for donations to the PAC. Non-members are not prohibited from giving to the PAC.
The PAC is managed by the officers: President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. It is their responsibility to see to it that all laws and regulations are followed and to carry on the business of the PAC. All of the officers are appointed by the President of the Board of WVFL. Generally, the Executive Committee of the PAC is the same as that of WVFL. They establish procedural guidelines and see to it that surveys are sent to all candidates so that PAC endorsements may be made for each election.